so 24. 9.|
Experience and Enjoy Sri Lanka with Yoga, hiking, and other activities
Travel through Sri Lanka and experience different places with various activities and regular yoga sessions DEADLINE JANUARY 20th
Time & Location
24. 9. 2022 19:00 – 01. 10. 2022 23:00
Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
About the Event
-Departure from airport or transit hotel after breakfast to a hotel close to Minneriya national park with a nap in the vehicle to overcome jetlag .
- lunch and relaxing
- Visit to Minneriya national park around 3 pm to board safary jeep to see the world's largest elephant gathering in the jungles.
- Relaxing at the hotel by 6 pm with time for Yoga
-Early departure to Sigiriya rock fortress built in the 5 th century considered a archeological wonder and a UNESCO world heritage site for a Yoga session on the rock summit.
- Visit to Dambulla cave temple which displays different postures of Budda dating back to the first century and also a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Lunch at spice garden describing world famous Srikankan spices
- Entering the hill country of Srilanka and arrival in the evening at one out of the three forest areas included in UNESCO world heritage nature site of " Central highlands" .This is called 'Knuckles' mountains and our stay will be at a camping site bordering the jungle with a camp fire and BBQ.
- Yoga session with early morning bird chatter.
- Early morning trekking in the jungle to visit the highest waterfall of the seven waterfalls in the "kota ganga" river in this UNESCO world heritage site where 30 % of flora and fauna is endemic. We might see the endemic leaf nosed lizard too with the endemic Srikankan jungle foul and endemic purple faced leaf monkey if we are lucky with many endemic orchid varieties.
-Exiting the jungle and short drive to traditional Srikankan agri village for traditional village lunch which has preserved authentic self sufficient culture to a great extent .You will see beautiful terraced paddy fields and traditional paddy threashing floors, clan counsil open meeting area where punishment for unacceptable social behavior of those ancient days were decided,irrigation methods, solar spectrum farming, lunar calendar farming ,traditional folk songs and buddhist temple
in the village.
- Departure to kandy the last kingdom of ancient kings rule in Srilanka which ended in 1815 and named a UNESCO world heritage city where the sacred tooth relic of budda is kept . We can visit the temple and go for kandyan traditional dance starting around 6 pm.
- Retiring to a camping site on a hill top facing the two highest peaks of Hanthana mountains in a nature setting with camp fire and BBQ dinner.
- Morning sunrise view and yoga session on the mountains.
-Departure after breakfast to "Kithulgala" for water rafting adventure.
- Visit to garden city of Nuwara eliya for lunch and a bit of street shopping if needed
- Arrival at an archeologically beautiful ancient monestry called "Adisham bungalow" of catholic priests for overnight stay close to Ella area in an area called Haputale.
-Evening yoga session
-Morning yoga session
- Visit by train to "Ella" ti see nine arch bridge and little adams peak.
- Departure to the south coast for overnight stay by the sea.
-morning sea beach Yoga session
- visit to UNESCO heritage site ancient galle fort
- Boat trip in river through mangroves to river islands for famous Srikankan cinnamon preparation demonstration and fish therapy with lunch.
- Relaxing in the beach in the evening.
- Morning Yoga session
- Relaxing in the beach
- Departure to airport
Price pp 21.000 including program, meals, entry fees to all sites, yoga, other activities
excluding fly ticket, insurance, necessary testing